This is my eighth blog entry and I am asking myself why I am writing it.
I have no clear answer.
In my foray through the world of writing, I learned that you really should have an author’s website to promote your book. I am somewhat old-fashioned, and I thought I should actually write a book before I had something to promote. I did notice that a blog is a good part of an author’s website, so I thought I should write a blog along the way. It seemed like a good place to start and I know I have a lot to learn about the writing world. I wasn’t sure what to put in the blog. Topics such as “my journey to writing” popped into my head. I felt that wasn’t good since most people were interested in their own journey to writing, not mine. I thought the blog was a good exercise for me since it involved learning a lot of mechanics and forcing myself to get my thoughts into writing. I set a goal of one blog entry on SOMETHING once a week. So here I am.
I still have a few issues.
- What to put into the blog? I am a fairly private person and am very skittish about internet privacy. I won’t put a lot of personal details about myself or my family into the blog.
- I don’t want to say bad things about anyone here. Even bad things that may be true. Readers might like to see some juicy details about places I have worked in the past or people who I dislike for some reasons. You won’t see any of that here. I have no wish to do any harm to anyone in this blog.
I learned a few things along the way.
- Blog writers work hard. They meet deadlines and have some interesting things to say. Both of those things are difficult.
- Somehow, I have some followers and even some likes. I am curious as to how anyone found out about this blog, why they are following it, and what they like about it. I would like to thank them in any case and know a little about how they came across the blog. I imagine there is a blogging etiquette out there, but I don’t know it. Please pardon me in advance as I have no intention to offend anyone, but how in the heck did you find me?
- No one has posted any comments yet. On the other side of the coin, I have never commented on anyone’s blog myself. I am an incurable “lurker” in this new world.
To those who have followed me for any reason, thanks very much. Writing a blog is like screaming in an empty room. Having some humans listen to you for whatever reason helps make writing the blog a lot more fun. Comments would make it even more fun.